What is Cisco Live?
Cisco Live is Cisco’s flagship annual technical training, networking and education event built around four pillars:
- Technical Education
- Technology Evaluation
- Thought Leadership
7-10 March 2017
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
1 Convention Centre Place
South Wharf, Melbourne
Cisco Live is organised into distinct programmes enabling you to build a personalised agenda mapped to your individual specialisations and needs, from technical education for Engineers through to IT vision and thought leadership for IT Directors. Specific content is tailored for all the areas below:
- Network Engineers
- System Engineers
- Technical Individual Contributors
- Service Provider Engineers and Business Managers
- IT Managers
- IT Directors
- IT Architects
- Middle to Senior Level IT Leaders
Cisco Live has a well-deserved reputation as one of the industry’s best educational events. With hundreds of sessions spanning across two educational programs – Networkers and IT Management, you can build a customised curriculum that can make you a more valuable asset to your workplace and even advance your career goals. Multiple tracks within each program lets you immerse yourself in sessions on a single topic or technology, or you can sample from multiple tracks and programs for a more cross-disciplinary approach.
For an overview of all the session types, please click here.
Throughout the week of Cisco Live, the World of Solutions exhibition is a hive of activity and energy. Featuring an array of Cisco’s boldest partners showcasing their solutions, it’s a great place to explore new technologies and get answers to your unique questions.
As an attendee you benefit from the opportunity to explore and evaluate the full range of current and near-term Cisco technologies.
As a Cisco Live attendee you benefit from the opportunity to interact with your peers, Cisco staff and partner technical experts in both structured and informal settings. Have you ever wished you could pick up the phone and ask a question of the people who design Cisco’s solutions and understand them the best? At Cisco Live, we offer you multiple opportunities to get the insight you need about your own environment and technical challenges from the ultimate technology insiders.
Cisco Live is not just about Technical Education, the IT Management Program gives you an in-depth focus on the “business of IT” and technology’s role in driving business value. This program is specifically tailored to help people with a foot in both the IT and business worlds.
Furthermore Cisco Live is host to multiple ‘by invitation only’ programs including: Executive Symposium, Press Program, C-Scape (Industry Analyst Program), Empowered Women’s Network and more!
During four days at Cisco Live, you’ll discover the content and inspiration that can help you advance your career. From technical and business sessions to keynotes to more than 90 exhibitors in the World of Solutions as well as the walk-in self-paced labs – and social events where you can network with your peers – it’s a week with the potential to transform your career and your future.
Need a little help convincing your boss that your trip to Melbourne is worthwhile? Here are our Top 10 reasons to attend!
You can immerse yourself in four days of business and technical sessions, keynotes, innovation talks, panel discussions, and specialty topics such as Cloud, Collaboration, Data Centre, Mobility, Security, Service Provider, SDN, and Software Development.
Learn from Cisco Distinguished Engineers, CCIEs, and some of the world’s top technology experts in our breakout sessions and additional training.
A personalised experience
Learn in the format that works for you, from traditional breakout sessions to labs and Technical Seminars.
There is something for the business audience too
If you are an IT leader, the IT Management Program is just for you.
Innovate with Cisco Technology
Get hands-on with the demos on the Cisco Stand!
World of Solutions
Catch up with existing IT suppliers, view demos, and explore the latest solutions from Cisco and the industry’s top vendors in the World of Solutions.
Get hands-on Cisco training with interactive labs, Technical Seminars, and Walk-in Self-Paced Labs.
Meet the Experts
Connect with Cisco Experts for formal 1-on-1 discussions on the topics that matter most to you.
Meet with colleagues to share ideas and insights – including the chance to connect with your peers at the Social Media Hub.
New to Cisco Live
The knowledge and skills you gain at Cisco Live ultimately help your employer get more from their investment in networking and communications technology. You’ll come back better prepared to help your company develop market-leading innovations, capitalise on emerging opportunities, and communicate and collaborate more efficiently.
Are you new to Cisco Live and need a little help convincing your boss that attending Cisco Live Melbourne is worthwhile? Tell them that the knowledge and skills you’ll bring back from Cisco Live can help your organisation do the following:
- Discover innovative ways that networking and communications technology can help you reach new markets and boost revenue from existing customers.
- Understand which solutions are right for your specific challenges, so you can make smarter use of your technology budget.
- Do more with the technologies already in place, to help you stay competitive and keep costs down.
- Build in-house skills at a lower cost than hiring a third-party consultant.
- Up-level the skills and experience of your department with advanced Cisco certifications.
- Anticipate emerging technology and communications trends, so you can plan for any impact on your business.
- Understand how innovative, market-leading companies are using technology to build and sustain a competitive advantage.
- There is something for the business audience as well. If you are an IT Manager or VP, the IT Management Program is just for you.
- Plug into a worldwide network of knowledgeable professionals who share ideas on how to accomplish more with less and keep costs down without sacrificing innovation.
- Connect with thousands of experts – including hundreds of Cisco engineers plus thousands of the brightest innovators in IT – for guidance and advice on the specific IT challenges your company may be facing.