Join us in the Devnet Zone
Dive into the DevNet Zone at Cisco Live to learn, discover and get hands-on with Cisco and open source SDKs and APIs. Click here to find our DevNet sessions and add them to your schedule.
DevNet Zone Activities
There will be an assortment of interactive activities and tutorials taking place in the DevNet Zone. This interactive space allows you to dive straight in and play with the SDKs, along with the help of Cisco experts. Activities include:
Overviews, API Deep Dives and coding tutorials.
Get hands-on and start coding. No experience required. The labs are self-paced tutorials covering five technology areas. Do it yourself and call out if you get stuck – a DevNet team member is only a hand wave away.
Come see the DevNet Sandbox and the DevNet Innovation demos.
Take a look below at the sessions and workshops taking place in the DevNet Zone.
The DevNet Zone activities you get involved in will be determined by the technologies you’re interested in developing on. We’ll have sessions, workshops, learning labs and demos on all of the technologies below.
Once we’ve finalized the activities for the areas below, we’ll publish our full Activity Matrix right here!
Here’s a taste of what’s to come:
- Learn how to enhance your application with cloud-based, API-driven, interactive voice and SMS text messaging using the Tropo API.
- Learn how to integrate, extend and customize Spark experiences to message, have meetings, and call anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Code mobile solutions that enable Push-To-Talk communications with Instant Connect (CIC).
- Use the Interactive Experience Platform (IEP) to develop solutions that bring together interactive applications, rich media, and real-time collaboration.
Internet of Things (IoT)
- Learn how to create and deploy a project using the Cisco Connected Mobility Experiences (CMX) API.
- Code using Flare, IoX/Fog and the IoT Dev Kit to expand your abilities in the world of IoT.
- Use Big Data Management to analyse, capture, curate, search, share, store, transfer, visualize, and protect your IoT data.
Network Automation and SDN
- Learn and explore using our Learning Labs for network related programming with hands-on technical support.
- Code on Cisco’s SDN Controller API, APIC-EM to add dynamic network functionality to your applications.
- Install OpenStack within a VM on your own laptop, and use the CLI to view and operate an OpenStack cloud.
- Learn about using analytics to control application performing by leveraging the Shipped UI to create applications that are cloud native using “elastic” microservices.
- Code an application for a hybrid cloud with performance, access, and availability in mind using Intercloud Fabric API.
- Use Cisco Metapod, Cisco’s OpenStack Private Cloud as-a-Service, to manage a public cloud within your data center.
Analytics & Automation
- Create usable APIs and publish them on to portals with access control and policy management using Cisco Automation and Integration Platform (AIP)
- Leverage Cisco Enterprise Mobility Services Platform (EMSP) to create engaging mobile experiences
- Learn new ways to engage customers on Kiosks and Interactive Displays using the Interactive Experience Platform (IEP)
- Use Cisco Instant Connect for combining your communications into a single, powerful emergency dispatch
DevNet Zone access and sessions are included with all pass types (e.g. Cisco Live Conference and IT Management).