Registration, Login and Accounts
Cisco Live Conferences
- Issues with usernames and passwords
To recover your username or password, go to https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/forgotPassword.ww You will receive an email with a temporary password. You can then select your desired username and password when you log in.
If you receive an error when retrieving your password, you may not have an account or it may have been set up under a different email address. Please register for a new account here: https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/createAccount.ww.
- Updating profiles and bios
To update your profile, account information or bio, follow these steps:
1. Log in to www.ciscolive.com/online/connect2. Go to My Account in the top right corner
3. Select My Profile from the drop down
4. Select the Edit Profile button on the right
Session Videos and Live Stream
- Attending Cisco Live
To register for a physical event, visit http://www.ciscolive.com/ and select the event you want to attend from "Global Events" in the top navigation.
- Conference PDFsKeynotes and Super Sessions
PDFs for physical events will be added to CiscoLive.com/Online during the conference. If you are an attendee of the physical event, you will receive an email notifying you when the PDFs are available.
Keynotes and other general sessions are often available as early as 24 hours after broadcast. Keynotes and Super Sessions do not have PDFs.
- Missing PDFs
Most sessions presented at the event will contain a PDF on CiscoLive.com/Online. PDFs that are not currently available will be updated as they are received. Please check back for updates. Keynotes and Super Sessions do not have PDFs.
- Technical Seminars (TEC)
Conference TEC PDFs, along with other session PDFs, will be added to CiscoLive.com/Online during the conference. If you are an attendee of the physical event, you will receive an email notifying you when the PDFs are available. TEC's are only available to those who purchased them.
- Viewing videos on the home page (Ustream)
Tips for the best viewing experience
- Video Availability
Session PDFs and videos are usually available within a few weeks after a live event. Check the home page announcements for more information. While we do record a large number of sessions, not all sessions are recorded. Check back as the session may be recorded at another event in the future. Please note that TEC or LAB sessions are NOT recorded, as these are paid sessions meant to be delivered in-person.
- Finding and viewing sessions with videosViewing videos on an iPad or iPhone
On the session catalog search page, you can filter Video on Demand sessions by selecting the "Features > Sessions with video" filter on the left side. Click the title of the session you would like to view. The session details page will open. Click the link under View Session. Not all sessions have video. You can further refine your search by selecting various filters on the left.
Most recorded videos are viewable on an iPad or iPhone. To view a live Webex, please download the WebEx Meeting Center for iPad app.
Live Events Calendar
- Video Downloads"Insecure Content" warnings on Chrome and IE Browsers
Audio and video files are not available for download. PDFs are available for download.
Content and data on CiscoLive.com/Online are transferred over both HTTP and HTTPS. Some browsers will pop a message in because of the mixed content type.
1. You may receive the message: "This page has unsecure content" and two options: Don't Load (recommended) Load Anyways.
2. Click Load Anyways for the site to work properly. There isn't a simple way to turn this off in Chrome. See https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1342714 for more information.
You may receive the message "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsencure items?" and the options Yes, No and More Info. Select Yes. To adjust IE to allow both types of content without prompting:
1. go to Tools > Internet Options.
2. Select the Security tab. Click the Custom level button.
3. Scroll down to the Miscellaneous section till you see the Display mixed content section. Select Enable.
4. Click OK. You may need to restart your browser for this change to take effect.
- Live events on current networking topics are offered periodically in Cisco Live. To learn more, view the "Live Events" tab on the home page or select the "Agenda" tab to view upcoming events and download calendar reminders. You can even subscribe to a live events calendar subscription or our RSS feed.
Saving and Downloading Content
- Select the Session Catalog, then choose the appropriate tab for the type of search you would like to perform (Sessions, Speakers, Exhibitors, People). Input a search in the top field to begin your search.You can also use the filters on the left to narrow the results shown for speakers, sessions and exhibitors. The filters and search box can be used separately or together. Note that you can only search for people, download pdfs or view session videos if you are logged into the system. Be sure to remove search elements in the search box or at the top of the search results and refresh the page when you would like to start a new search. Refreshing the page alone does not always clear the search results.
Prizes, Points and Giveaways
- To add interests for later access, just click on the Session Catalog and use the filters or the search bar to find sessions or exhibitors. You can add any item to your interests list by clicking the star next to the item. Interests will appear under "My Account > Interests" in the top toolbar. Currently, it is not possible to download multiple PDFs at one time.
- To download multiple session PDFs at once:
- 1. Log into CiscoLive.com/Online.
- 2. Click on "Session Catalog" in the top navigation and search for your desired sessions.
- 3. Add files to your queue using the "Download Files" buttons to the right of each session.
- 4. Click on the "File Download Queue" button on the top right.
- In the queue, use the checkboxes to select the files you'd like to download;
- 5. Use the buttons at the bottom of the page to download your zipped file. You can download a maximum of 20 files at a time.
- 6. You will receive an email with a link to download your files. The link expires in 4 hours.
- All prizes, points and giveaways associated with CiscoLive.com/Online can be found on the Prize Center page. If you win a prize, you will be notified within two weeks of the applicable drawing.
Helpful Contact Information
- You can send a message to other users by clicking the Compose button. There is no searchable user list associated with the messaging feature under My Account. Your sent messages will show up under the Sent tab in Messages. Messages that are sent go to the persons Inbox in the system. They will see a number by the My Account drop down to indicate that they have a new message. The recipient will need to log in to receive the message.
Minimum Technical Requirements for CiscoLive.com/Online