What is Cisco Live?
New to Cisco Live? Here’s what it’s all about:
We’ve picked the brains of previous attendees for this list of what not to miss when you’re onsite:
- World-Class Education and Training – Build a custom curriculum from hundreds of sessions on today’s hottest technologies, spanning multiple programs and technology tracks. View session catalog.
- Free Certification Exam – Take advantage of the free certification exam that comes with your Full Conference Pass. Learn more.
- Social Events – Think outside the classroom box and make plans to have a little fun with your colleagues at Cisco Live receptions, networking events, and the world-famous Customer Appreciation Event. Learn more.
- Networking and Social Media – Connect with thousands of your colleagues before you arrive and participate in social gaming opportunities onsite. See the faces behind the tweets and Facebook posts at the Social Media Hub. Learn more.
- The World of Solutions – Get answers to your questions from hundreds of Cisco partners and meet with Cisco’s own experts at the Cisco Campus. Learn more.
- One-on-One Meetings with Cisco Experts – Book some quality 1:1 time with a Cisco executive or engineer for insights and answers from the people who know Cisco solutions the best. Learn more.
- DevNet Zone: Dive into the DevNet Zone to learn, discover and get hands-on with Cisco APIs and open source with the DevNet developer program. Learn more.
Get the most from your time on site by checking out these great resources before your trip:
- Attendee Blogs – Get the perspective of previous attendees on what makes attending Cisco Live a smart move for your employer and your career. Learn more.
- Staying Connected through Social Media – Plug in to the latest updates and conversation from the Cisco Live community by following us on social media. Learn more.
- Cisco Live Online – Access a library of on-demand sessions from previous events and join in live broadcasts of sessions from around the world, all year long. Learn more.
First-time attendee to-do’s
Already registered? First-time attendee? Here’s your to-do list:
- Book your hotel and travel – Take advantage of our special discounted rates for attendees. Learn more.
- Create your schedule to get the sessions you want – Don’t wait to build your on-site agenda. Reserve your spot in the sessions you want while space is available. Learn more.
- Sign up for additional paid training. Labs and Technical Seminars offered throughout the week. Learn more.
- Register for your free certification exam – Space is limited, so review the guidelines for scheduling your free onsite certification exam. Learn more.
- View sessions from previous events – Catch-up with on-demand content that interests you from previous Cisco Live events. Learn more.
- Connect with others attending the event on social media – Expand your professional network before your trip using your favorite social media channel, then meet your new colleagues onsite. Learn more.
- Join the New Attendee Meetup on Sunday at 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm in the Social Media Lounge across from Registration. View the New Attendee Facebook page for more information.
Tips from past attendees
Tips from past attendees:
- Wear comfortable shoes! – It can be tough to master advanced networking concepts when your feet hurt.
- Bring a portable power strip – It’s easier to plug in to the energy of Cisco Live when it’s easy to plug in your mobile devices.
- Don’t forget to pick up your official Cisco Live t-shirt – It’s the must-have fashion statement of today’s top IT professionals.
- Follow @CiscoLive and the #CLUS on Twitter – Come to the event armed with the latest updates.
- Book sessions and labs early. They fill up quickly. – The early bird gets the seat.
- Tweak your schedule onsite – Plans change. Keep it flexible. Find out what interests you and build your week around it. It’s your conference. Attend it your way.